Real Women Run held two events for those wanting to use their voice to work for change in their community, work on political campaigns, or consider running for office.
The topics included:
- Are We Making Progress With Women in Utah Politics? Facts, Figures, and Fallacies
- How to Get Involved: Get Yourself on a Board, Commission, or Special District
- Making a Difference: Non-profit & Community Engagement
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: A Behind the Scenes Look at a Real Campaign
- Find Your Voice and Build Your Brand
Real Women Run is a collaborative nonpartisan initiative to empower women to participate fully in public life and civic leadership through elected political office at all levels, appointments to boards and commissions, participation in campaigns, and engagement in the political system.
Founded in 2011, Real Women Run partners include the YWCA Utah, Hinckley Institute of Politics at the University of Utah, Vision 2020, Salt Lake Community College, AAUW, League of Women Voters of Utah, Women Lawyers (Utah Bar Association), Utah Women and Leadership Project at Utah Valley University, Olene Walker Institute of Politics at Weber State University, Women in Law (BYU), Utah State University, current and former elected officials from major political parties, and community members.